If you are unable to find the hotel or room type you’re looking for, you can join a waitlist. The wait list relies entirely on cancellations and does not guarantee a reservation. Most requests are not fulfilled until mid-to-late February because attendees tend to cancel unneeded nights or entire reservations, as they approach their cancellation deadlines. If you need to secure a reservation before February, the wait list may not be the best option for you.
How To get on the Waitlist:
- Once you’re registered follow the steps to book a hotel through our online reservation system.
- Select your check in and check out dates and choose “Join Wait List” instead of “Find a Room.” Properties with a wait list are listed below currently available hotels. The wait list is limited and we close it when we believe there are more people on it than we are able to accommodate.
- Follow the simple steps to choose your desired room type and follow the steps to complete your waitlist request.
- Be sure to include any additional information about your hotel preferences in the special requests field. This helps us best accommodate your request should a room become available (i.e. room type, location, price range).
- Your credit card is required to complete your transaction, guarantee your request, and to provide to the hotel should your request be accommodated. Nothing is charged unless we are able to accommodate your waitlist request. Be sure to read our Reservation Policies for details about paying for your hotel reservation. You can update your credit card information at any time.
- You are not penalized for canceling a waitlist request. The card on file is not charged anything if we are unable to accommodate your waitlist request.
We strive to accommodate all waitlist requests all the way up to your arrival date. Should a room become available for you, SXSW Housing & Travel immediately books your reservation and sends a confirmation email. If we accommodate your waitlist request within 28 days of arrival, you have 24 hours to cancel the reservation without incurring the $50 cancellation penalty.
If we accommodate your waitlist request within the hotel’s cancellation period (usually 7-30 days) you may be responsible for any hotel cancellation fees, if we book a room you no longer need. To cancel your waitlist request, use the link to make changes located at the bottom of your wait list confirmation email, or from your shopping cart or SXsocial account.
Waitlist Tips & Facts
- Attendees are not able to both book a confirmed reservation and get on the waitlist for the same dates of stay. We do not recommend canceling an existing reservation in order to get on a specific hotel’s waitlist.
- The waitlist has limited availability based on the number of attendees we have been able to accommodate in the past.
- Getting on our waitlist doesn’t guarantee a room, but we do have a high success rate of accommodating SXSW attendees from our waitlist.
- SXSW Housing & Travel will work with you until your check-in date to help you find accommodations, even if it’s not your first choice. We won’t leave you homeless!
- We see the most movement in our waitlist between mid January and late February.
- If you’re flexible with your hotel needs or need something very specific (i.e. room type, location, price range), add that to the special request field once you’ve confirmed your hotel and room type. It will help us look for only what you need and also let us know if it’s ok to look for options outside your request.
- SXSW Housing & Travel
- Reservation Policies
- How to Book
- Hotel Availability
- SXSW Shopping Cart