SXSW and SXSW EDU offer many different session formats. Below are the formats you can choose from in the PanelPicker system.
Book Reading (1-2 Speakers)
- A reading by a recently-published author.
Meet Up (1-2 Hosts)
- Networking event of like-minded attendees around a particular topic.
Mentor Session (1-on-1)
- One-on-one session with an industry expert. The Mentor counsels each individual attendee for fifteen minutes, meeting with up to five registrants. For more information on how to apply solely for this format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Panel (4 speakers max)
- Diverse discussion around a particular topic. Four speakers max (including a moderator, if applicable). Live podcast recordings can be part of this format.
Presentation (1-2 Speakers)
- A prepared presentation, interview or conversation. Live podcast recordings can be part of this format.
Future20 (20 mins, 1 speaker)
- A short solo presentation highlighting new and emerging ideas, followed by an optional audience Q&A
Meet Up (60 mins, 1-2 speakers)
- A speaker-facilitated networking event that encourages communities to connect around similar topics, passions, roles, or interests
Podcast (60 mins, 2-4 speakers)
- A podcast conversation on topics across the education landscape, hosted by media organizations and recorded in an intimate setting amongst a live audience
Talk (60 mins, 2-4 speakers)
- A focused, diverse, and dynamic exploration of a particular topic, followed by audience Q&A
Workshop (90 mins, 1-3 speakers)
- An in-depth, instructional program with hands-on learning activities and specific takeaways