Showcasing Artist applications will open on Tuesday, June 27, 2023. To apply:
- Go to https://cart.sxsw.com/products/bandapp
- You must have a SXSW ID account to fill out an application. Click "sign in" at the top right of the page, then either log in or create an account.
- When you are logged in, click "Apply Now" to open the application.
- Fill out all relevant information. Required fields are indicated with an asterisk.
- Click "Submit Application"
- On the next page, click "Checkout Now" to lead to the payment page.
- Enter your payment information, read and agree to the terms and conditions, and click "Confirm Purchase"
- On the next page, you must click "Complete Your Purchase" to finish the transaction.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the person listed as the primary contact.
Visit the Showcasing Artist Application page for further information.
The person listed as Primary Contact in your SXSW Music Festival Showcase Application should be someone who is authorized to respond on behalf of the act applying and frequently checks their email. Notifications from SXSW will be sent to the Primary Contact email address, and will require timely response.
Invited artists do not need to purchase a SXSW Music Badge to apply for or to perform at a SXSW showcase. Artists who are not selected to perform will be able to purchase SXSW Music Badges at the lowest available registration rate after notification of status, if they choose to do so. There are no refunds if you purchase a registration at a higher rate, or decide not to attend if you are not offered a showcase.
Within 48 hours of submission you will receive a confirmation email from SXSW. If you do not receive notification within 48 hours, please follow up by email to ensure your showcase application has been submitted properly and is under consideration.
To keep important SXSW emails from landing in your spam folder, add the following address to your contact list: firstname.lastname@example.org.