As an International Artist from Canada do I need a visa to perform at the SXSW Music Festival?

Canadian citizens do not use VWP and do not need actual O or P visas. Instead, CBP admits Canadian business visitors or tourists in B1/B2 status, but without the need to first apply for the visa. Those seeking to perform in the U.S. anywhere other than at official SXSW Showcases must follow a more complex petition procedure with U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services to be eligible to work in the O or P work classifications. For more information, please visit the U.S. Department of State website, available here:

Powered by Zendesk