SXSW offers many different session formats. Below are the formats you can choose from in the PanelPicker system.
Book Reading (60 minutes)
- A reading by a recently-published author. One or two speakers.
Focus15 (15 minutes)
- Focus15s are short solo presentations featuring the wisdom and experience of the SXSW community. Focus15s are linked by a shared theme, topic or trend, with each group of four presentations taking place in a one-hour time block.
Meet Up (60 minutes)
- Networking event of like-minded attendees around a particular topic. One or two hosts.
Mentor Session (75 minutes)
- One-on-one session with an industry expert. The Mentor counsels each individual attendee for fifteen minutes, meeting with up to five registrants.
Panel (60 minutes)
- Diverse discussion around a particular topic. Four speakers max (including a moderator, if applicable).
Podcast (60 minutes)
- Established episodic audio series around a given theme. Up to a total of four speakers and hosts.
Presentation (60 minutes)
- A prepared presentation, interview or conversation with one or two speakers.
Campfire (1-2 speakers / 60 minutes)
- A speaker-led, open conversation that focuses on driving a dialogue with attendees around a particular topic rather than offering a structured presentation
Case Study (1-3 speakers / 60 minutes)
- A focused presentation highlighting research findings from relevant initiatives and projects, followed by audience Q&A
Future20 (1 speaker / 20 minutes)
- A short solo presentation highlighting new and emerging ideas, followed by an optional audience Q&A
Hands On (1-2 speakers / 30 minutes)
- A short, informal, activity-based session that facilitates interactive and creative learning techniques
Meet Up (1-2 speakers / 60 minutes)
- A speaker-facilitated networking event that encourages communities to connect around similar topics, passions, roles, or interests
Panel (2-4 speakers / 60 minutes)
- A diverse and dynamic exploration of a particular topic, followed by audience Q&A
Performance (1-3 speakers / 90 minutes)
- A dynamic performance combined with a workshop-style experience offering a deeper understanding of the concepts fueling the performance, and activities that can be adopted for the classroom
Podcast (2-4 speakers / 60 minutes)
- A podcast conversation on topics across the education landscape, hosted by media organizations and recorded in an intimate setting amongst a live audience at the event
Talk (2-3 speakers / 30 minutes)
- A focused, high-energy presentation centered on breakthroughs and insights, followed by audience Q&A
Workshop (1-3 speakers / 90 minutes)
- An in-depth, instructional program with hands-on learning activities and specific takeaways