SXSW and SXSW EDU offer many different Session Formats. Below are the Formats you can choose from in the PanelPicker system.
Book Reading (1-2 Speakers)
- A reading by a recently-published author.
Meet Up (1-2 Hosts)
- Networking event of like-minded attendees around a particular topic.
Mentor Session (1-on-1)
- One-on-one session with an industry expert. The Mentor counsels each individual attendee for fifteen minutes, meeting with up to five registrants.
Panel (4 max)
- Diverse discussion around a particular topic. Four speakers max (including a moderator, if applicable).
Podcast (Up to 4 Speakers / Hosts)
- Established episodic audio series around a given theme.
Presentation (1-2 Speakers)
- A prepared presentation, interview or conversation.
Converse (45 mins, 2-3 speakers)
- A speaker-facilitated, open conversation that focuses on driving a dialogue and connecting communities around a particular topic rather than offering a structured presentation.
Talk (30 mins, 1-4 speakers)
- A focused, high-energy presentation centered on breakthroughs and insights
Work (1 hour, 2-3 speakers)
- An instructional program with hands-on learning activities and specific takeaways