- Visa and VWP, U.S. Department of State: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit/visa-waiver-program.html
- VWP, Department of Homeland Security: https://www.cbp.gov/travel/international-visitors/visa-waiver-program
- Visas for Canadian citizens, U.S. Department of State: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit/citizens-of-canada-and-bermuda.html
These attorneys/agencies have previously assisted International Artists showcasing at SXSW, however, you are free to contact any lawyer you wish. Please be aware that these attorneys/agencies charge for their services.
Contact: Will Spitz, email@example.com
20 Jay Street, Suite 314
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Global Access Immigration Services
Contact: Brande Lindsey
Phone: (323) 936-7100
Fax: (323) 936-7197
KUSHNER and KUSHNER, P.C.
Contact: Laya R. Kushner
Contact: Tina C. Kushner
6739 Fairview Road
Charlotte, North Carolina 28210
(704) 362-1706 fax
(704) 236-1552 cell
Rose Immigration Law Firm, PLC
Contact: Linda Rose, Esq.
2100 West End Avenue
Loews Vanderbilt Plaza, Suite 935
Nashville, TN 37203
Tel: (615) 321-2256
Fax: (615) 329-4390
Tamizdat is a resource for pro bono assistance. Tamizdat will not prepare and file a petition for an artist, but they can provide pro bono legal advice on what visa is or is not required, and regarding how to solve problems that arise after the petition is filed.
Contact: Matthew Covey, firstname.lastname@example.org
P: (718) 254-0022
Artists From Abroad is a source for definitive information for performing arts professionals trying to understand the process.
The Texas Immigrant Rights Hotline: 1-888-507-2970
The Texas Immigrant Rights Hotline is a source of timely and accurate information about changing immigration laws and referrals to legal services providers and attorneys. The hotline is staffed by volunteer attorneys, law students, and BIA accredited representatives every Monday through Friday, 2:00pm to 6:00pm (except holidays).
Call 1-888-507-2970 for information about the following:
- Immigration laws, including executive orders
- Your rights in the United States as an immigrant
- Families looking for help in locating their detained relatives
- The detention and deportation process
- Reporting an incident of hate or discrimination
- Individuals looking for immigration legal services
- Questions about the Travel Ban impacting refugees and citizens of Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen.
The Hotline is a project of the ACLU of Texas, Houston Volunteer Lawyers, Houston Immigration Legal Services Collaborative, Tahirih Justice Center, and Vinson & Elkins Law Firm.