- Visa and VWP, U.S. Department of State: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/visit.html
- VWP, Department of Homeland Security: https://www.cbp.gov/travel/international-visitors/visa-waiver-program
- Visas for Canadian citizens, U.S. Department of State: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/visit/canada-bermuda.html
- Travel Restrictions, Department of Homeland Security: https://www.dhs.gov/news/2017/06/29/dhs-announces-implementation-travel-restriction-provisions
These attorney/agencies have previously assisted International Artists showcasing at SXSW. Please be aware that these attorneys/agencies charge for their services.
The Fowler Law Firm
Citizenship & Visa Law Section
Contact: Daniel M. Kowalski
Cell: (512) 826-0323 – call me 24/7
919 Congress Avenue, Suite 900
Austin, TX 78701
Tel: (512) 441-1411
Fax: (512) 469-2975
Global Access Immigration Services
Contact: Brande Lindsey
Phone: (323) 936-7100
Fax: (323) 936-7197
KUSHNER and KUSHNER, P.C.
Contact: Laya R. Kushner
Contact: Tina C. Kushner
6739 Fairview Road
Charlotte, North Carolina 28210
(704) 362-1706 fax
(704) 236-1552 cell
Contact: Ron Zeelens
119 Fifth Avenue, 3rd Floor
New York, New York 10003
Phone (212) 757-1289
Fax (212) 586-5175
Rose Immigration Law Firm, PLC
Contact:Linda Rose, Esq.
2100 West End Avenue
Loews Vanderbilt Plaza, Suite 935
Nashville, TN 37203
Contact: Will Spitz, firstname.lastname@example.org
20 Jay Street, Suite 314
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Traffic Control Group (TCG) - London
Contact: Katie Ray Suite
34-35 East Castle Street
London W1B 8DW
Phone: (020) 7637 3450
Fax:(020) 7637 3452
Traffic Control Group (TCG)-New York
Contact: Jeffrey Gabel, Esq.
Contact: Genie Kravalos
286 Madison Avenue Suite 502
New York, New York 10017
Tel: (212) 695-2877
Tel: (212) 431-3700
Tamizdat is a resource for pro bono assistance. Tamizdat will not prepare and file a petition for an artist, but they can provide pro bono legal advice on what visa is or is not required, and regarding how to solve problems that arise after the petition is filed.
The Texas Immigrant Rights Hotline: 1-888-507-2970
The Texas Immigrant Rights Hotline is a source of timely and accurate information about changing immigration laws and referrals to legal services providers and attorneys. The hotline is staffed by volunteer attorneys, law students, and BIA accredited representatives every Monday through Friday, 2:00pm to 6:00pm (except holidays).
Call 1-888-507-2970 for information about the following:
- Immigration laws, including executive orders
- Your rights in the United States as an immigrant
- Families looking for help in locating their detained relatives
- The detention and deportation process
- Reporting an incident of hate or discrimination
- Individuals looking for immigration legal services
- Questions about the Travel Ban impacting refugees and citizens of Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen.
The Hotline is a project of the ACLU of Texas, Houston Volunteer Lawyers, Houston Immigration Legal Services Collaborative, Tahirih Justice Center, and Vinson & Elkins Law Firm.