Spelling, grammar, and punctuation are very important. You wouldn't turn in a resume that was full of typos and incomplete sentences, would you? It is essential that you take time to proof your entry.
Things to remember / things to avoid:
- Use proper title case. Do not use all caps or no caps for your title or description.
- Punctuation gives flow to your thought. Seems like a no-brainer, but you'd be surprised how effective a comma or semicolon can be.
- Look out for cut and paste errors. It happens. More than you think.
- Proofread your description out loud, to another person, preferably someone who is not familiar with your idea. They will be able to tell if you are communicating what you intend.
- No matter how familiar you may be with your topic, remember that most of the people who will read your description will not have the same frame of reference that you do.