Apply now for the opportunity to perform at the 2018 SXSW Music Festival, March 12-18, and gain unparalleled access to an audience of industry professionals, international media and new fans.
Please take a minute to reference the Music Showcase FAQ for answers to common questions.
The fee for applications completed by September 9, 2017 is $35 each. After September 9, 2017, the application fee is $55 each. The final deadline to apply is October 20, 2017. You will be charged the rate listed at the time of final submission. All applicants will be notified of their status on or before January 19, 2018. SXSW is not able to issue any refunds.
Music Showcase Applications are open to:
- All genres
- Solo acts and/or full bands
- Artists from any part of the world
Invited Artists are guaranteed at least one showcase slot:
- Showcase slots run an average of 40 minutes
- Slots will be scheduled March 12-18, 2018 generally between 7pm-2am (exceptions do apply)
- Venue, time and date assignment will vary
SXSW does not provide artist backline nor cover travel and accommodation expenses
- If selected to showcase, performing members of foreign, non-U.S. acts will receive SXSW Artist Wristbands. Artist Wristbands grant access to official SXSW showcases, conference programming, parties, artist specific activations, networking opportunities and more (unless otherwise noted).
- Domestic, performing members of U.S. acts may choose to receive a one time payment ($100 for a solo or duo, $250 for three or more performers) in lieu of Artist Wristbands (some exceptions may apply). Only one selection may be made as no combinations of benefits are permitted.
- Some acts may be scheduled for more than one official showcase. Foreign performing artists will receive one Artist Wristband each and domestic performing artists may receive either one Artist Wristband each or a one time payment in the amount listed above regardless of the number of times they perform.
- All invited acts will have the opportunity to access SXSW Social to directly engage with other SXSW participants in advance and during the event
- Foreign, non-U.S. performers are responsible for securing their own visas for entry into the United States.
The person listed as Primary Contact in your SXSW Music Festival Showcase Application should be someone who is authorized to respond on behalf of the act applying and frequently checks their email. Notifications from SXSW will be sent to the Primary Contact email address, and will require timely response.
Invited artists do not need to purchase a SXSW Music Badge to apply for or to perform at a SXSW showcase. Artists who are not selected to perform will be able to purchase SXSW Music Badges at the lowest available registration rate after notification of status, if they choose to do so. There are no refunds if you purchase a registration at a higher rate, or decide not to attend if you are not offered a showcase.
Within 48 hours of submitting you will receive a confirmation email from SXSW. If you do not receive notification within 48 hours, please follow up by email to ensure your showcase application has been submitted properly and is under consideration.
To keep important SXSW emails from landing in your spam folder it's a good idea to add the following address to your contact list: firstname.lastname@example.org.